Compass Church family,
When Compass Church reopens on May 17, 2020 it will be under extensive guidelines with a strategy in place. The Compass Church strategy may be modified based on incoming direction from the Oklahoma Department of Health and Governor Stitt’s office.
Our reopening will be implemented in phases and we ask for patience as we know this is an adjustment for everyone during this unprecedented time. We are excited to be back together again however, anyone who is immune compromised or over the age of 65, are encouraged to use sound judgement before returning to worship services.
Compass Church will continue to provide online services for those who are unable or uncomfortable to attend during this season. It is our goal to continue to improve our online service experience.
• Individuals age 65 and above are requested not to attend. They should continue to practice “safer at home”
• Individuals that have underlying medical conditions are advised to remain at home
• Drinks and food should not be offered or served
• Nurseries should remain closed
• Families may sit (stand) together; however, others attending should maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet
• Seating should be restricted to every other pew or even every third row of seats to maintain the proper space for social distancing
Prior to the building being reopened on May 17, 2020 Compass Church will hire a third-party cleaning company to thoroughly sanitize every area of the building. The building will be cleaned and disinfected regularly on the weekends prior to Sunday morning services. In addition, cleaning and sanitization will be done in between services to frequently used surface areas.
First Impressions Team (FIT):
• Everyone will be greeted warmly but not touched
• We will try to minimize what guests touch
• We will retain Compass spirit while acknowledging COVID-19 safety
• Parking lot greeters will greet outside the front door
• Only main lobby greeters will open doors
• There will be no bulletins (five things) distributed
• Greeters will be placed in the lobby to provide any assistance that may be required
• Ushers in the auditorium will be ready to help people to find a social distance seat for their family. We will try to abide by the one family per row rule during our phase 1 opening
• Guest Central will have hand sanitizer and wipes available
• The kitchen will be completely restricted during phase 1
Next Generation (youth and children’s):
• There will be no nursery (0-1Year) at this time
• There will be no youth services
• We will continue to send out curriculum to families
• We will be launching an on-demand kids service on Facebook and YouTube
• We will continue to hold Instagram Live services Wednesday nights at 7pm for youth @thepointokc
• We will be doing games, over Zoom, for youth every Sunday from 2pm-4pm.
The greatest message in the world deserves the chance to be heard in creative and compelling ways. It is not okay for church to be boring! You can expect our services to include an upbeat and contemporary style of music, multi-media, and a challenging message from God’s Word.
JOIN US THIS WEEKEND!
8601 Northwest Expressway
We meet every Sunday and we'd love to get to know you. Join us for our next service.
9:15am & 11:00am
May Series: Life In The Fish BowlTUNE IN
WHAT'S GOING ON AT COMPASS
It is not okay for church to be boring!